Sunday, March 18, 2012

Charcoal Fog

Can I just update on Sunday from now on?

This week I made good progress on this painting:






This week I only painted with charcoal, black, and white. It's almost done.

And I also made this drawing:



I'm also seeking out the help of my good friend Abby Bennet for her book-doctor skills. We're going to a workshop tomorrow where hopefully some smart book people will have an idea of how to re-bind my disaster of a book. I cut the cover off, but rebinding it is proving to be problematic because of the way I've glued some of the pages together.

I also acquired a huge amount of aluminum frames, which I've almost finished cutting to size. And I've ordered the rest to complete what I need. I've got those, plus mat board coming my way. I'll still need to get glass and spray paint to blacken the frames that are less-than-black. I'm aiming to frame 9 drawings and 2 paintings that are 7"x11". The frames themselves are 15"x20" so they will have a large border that says "look at how effing important this drawing is."

The frame-fairy saved me a ton of $$ so I am very grateful to him.

Things are on track!

Timekeeping:
painting/drawing/booking/framing: 16.5 hours 


1 comment: