Saturday, March 9, 2013

Emerson Scans Things

So every once in a while a fun thing will happen and I'll "finish" a sketchbook. This usually takes me roughly a year to do, but also usually I have 2 or 3 that I'm working on at once. So this fun thing happened to me recently so let me show some highlights

...

But first, let me say this. I've been regularly keeping a sketchbook since I was 13. When I was a teenager I wouldn't let anyone look in them because they were far too personal. It was my place to draw without having to worry about what anyone else thought. Now, I approach sketchbooks essentially the same way, the key difference being that I now let people look inside them.

And so I can only imagine that most anyone's reaction when looking through one of these is something like,

"yo, what is wrong with this dude?"

And I suppose that's because at the time I wasn't really worried about what you thought

but of course now I am

So I still get very nervous showing these

but here they are anyway



















-em


No comments:

Post a Comment