Friday, January 13, 2012

It's been a good week.

I kept drawing. With these about 3/4 through the drawing I painted over parts with linseed oil. Then went back over parts to bring some of the lines forward again. The linseed oil softens the edges, so there's sort of a blur effect. You probably can't see this very well with these scans. (I don't like the scanners in the IP studios. . . The only way I can get it to work is to scan it in as a PDF, but then I have to convert it to a TIFF which I then convert to a JPEG to post here and by that time image quality gets pretty weak . . . Anyway I will start using the scanners upstairs because I now have access to the print studio. Wow, long aside. sorry) Also painted with gesso over parts of these.








I'm not in a position to give advice about painting, but if I were here's what I would say:

!Pay Attention!

It's the same advice I have about life. It's happening all around you, don't forget to pay attention.

Okay I'll shut up now.

Here are my paintings. I think they are getting better.




Time Keeping:
Painting/drawing: 22 hours



No comments:

Post a Comment