Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to Work

Hi everyone,

Time to get back into the blogging routine. Today was my first day back in the studio. I tried to paint for a while and that didn't go so well so I switched to drawing. A big part of me really feels like I'm forcing oil painting at this point . . . We've been fighting so much this semester it's starting to get stupid. For awhile (again) I think I will concentrate on drawing and acrylics on paper. Why not do what works? Right? Right.

I'm going to start doing these drawings outside of my sketchbook, as they may well be a larger part of what I put into the IP show than I originally thought.











In the oil paintings I'm in this weird place that's somewhere in between figurative and abstract. I'm having a really hard time negotiating those two worlds. When I work on paper it becomes all about the people. Abstraction and distortion come from movement and layering, but all (well, most) of the elements are observed and not made up.

Timekeeping:

Painting (YARG) 1.5
Drawing: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment