Friday, February 24, 2012

This blue grey situation



Trying to work more here with atmosphere. This bottom one is really close. I swear. The top one looked better before I painted on it tonight, but also pretty close. ugh.

Spent a lot of time working on my book this week, but that's only a teaser because I don't have scans of the new pages yet. It's a lot more about collage than my other ones have been. I really like how it looks, but I also feel hesitant about it because the photographs I'm using aren't mine. Is that okay? Yeah, that's okay. Right? Yeah.

I got my third residency app in the mail today. It would be really awesome if one of them accepted me. Actually, it would be awesome enough if one of them gave me a personalized rejection.

Hey! Its spring break!

Timekeeping:
painting/booking:19 hours

1 comment:

  1. Emerson!

    This looks fantastic! I haven't been assigned to your blog in a long time, tis great to see the pics on here. If you want, you can talk to Pete if you're worried about photo copyright stuff, he's taking a seminar specifically on copyright. It's weird and nebulous, but basically if you change the photograph "enough" it's okay. And you're definitely changing the crap out of it.

    Something kinda funny about fair use:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJn_jC4FNDo

    I love the atmospheric quality of your latest paintings.. whether you were trying to do this or not, it's actually reminiscent (in my humble opinion) of your washy drawing/paintings.. let's talk more about this in person!

    ReplyDelete