Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hands

Ruining a good painting is like hurting someone you love.

You're all like, wow. I really didn't want to do that. I mean, hurting you is the last thing I'd ever want to do.

I'd take it back if I could. But I can't.

And now you look like shit.

And not all the paint thinner in the world could scrub away that awful mess I put on your face.


I think I lost the metaphor. 

--

In other news, I did more hand drawings. I like these.





And the abstract is going well


We had a critique this week and I thought it went well. We have a very thoughtful group of people and it's always good to hear what they're thinking, and also to see their work. They shared their experiences of looking at my painting, which is my favorite thing for people to do during critiques because for me that's what painting is all about. Some people thought the image was violent and others thought it was innocent, and I thought that was great because I'm pretty sure it's both.

Well, I haven't been painting very well lately so I think I'm going to take a break for a few days and just draw because that's going a little better.

FALL BREAK!

Time keeping:
Writing project proposal: 2 hours
Drawing: 8 hours
Painting: 6 hours


3 comments:

  1. hi em, don't be so hard on yourself. i didn't know what the painting looked like before, but she/he has a lot of life and i think thats whats important

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi annie, you are very kind. Sometimes i get a little too emotional and I should probably refrain from updating my blog during those times, nyaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. No -- that's the _best time to update your blog. IMHO.

    ReplyDelete